Unveiling the Synergy: SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0 vs. Preppio
In this article, we'll dissect the comparison between SuccessFactors Onboarding and Preppio within the framework of the 6Cs of employee onboarding maturity. Discover how these solutions seamlessly complement each other for enhanced efficiency.
The 6Cs of onboarding are:
- Check Back
Read this article by Talya Bauer Ph.D. on the importance of good onboarding practices and the 6Cs of onboarding.
We will show the key benefits of each solution, and how they augment each other in key areas to build an effective onboarding process that reduces early attrition, gets new hires up to performance faster, and saves time for HR, managers, and new hires.
SuccessFactors in a summary:
It delivers what is required for practicalities and works well for the compliance aspect of employee onboarding. Most customers automate 1-8 different tasks so it can save time as well as ensure higher quality.
- Compliance-driven approach with a focus on task management, a system of record
- Automated task notifications ensure new hires and managers
- Streamlined compliance activities centralize employee data in SuccessFactors.
Features from the SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding brochure:
- SAP® SuccessFactors Recruiting: Initiate
onboarding directly from the candidate profile
- SAP® SuccessFactors Employee Central:
Convert candidates to employees, and use
intelligent services for automated onboarding
updates based on employee transitions
- SAP® SuccessFactors Learning: Assign and
track onboarding learning tasks
- SAP® SuccessFactors Performance and Goals:
Define and communicate 30/60/90-day goals
- SAP Signature Management by DocuSign: Use
e-Signature for all forms
- SAP® Qualtrics Employee Lifecycle: Automate
onboarding and offboarding surveys and
- SAP Work Zone for HR: Provide a digital
workplace for social collaboration
Benefits of using SuccessFactors Onboarding:
- Reminders for tasks and onboarding for SuccessFactors
- Updated system of employee data
- System onboarding automation and forms
- Automated e-mails to new hires and managers
Drawbacks of using SuccessFactors Onboarding:
- Complex user interface that requires expert support to use
- Information overload that leads to task neglect.
- E-mail-driven approach with low open rates and engagement
- Hard to build personalized experiences for each role
- Hard to build workflows to automate busywork
- Use of consultants to build and change
Preppio is a solution that has features to ensure that onboarding is done with Compliance, Culture, Connection, Confidence, Clarification, and Checkback in mind. Preppio makes it very easy for HR to automate more of the onboarding experience and start the learning experience early. Most customers automate 40 different tasks so it can save significant time for managers, and HR and create a consistent employee experience.
- Experience-driven approach with a focus on easy drag-and-drop automation
- Easy to build (and change) journeys based on needs in each business unit
- End user ease of use with SMS and chat-driven approach to reduce friction and save time
Preppio Onboarding Features
- Preppio integration to SAP SuccessFactors:
Initiate onboarding directly from SAP SuccessFactors to trigger a workflow in Preppio. Intelligent automation can start unique journeys for employees based on role, location, and more.
- SMS-driven onboarding:
SMS onboarding has up to 4x higher completion rates and is a mobile-friendly format compared to system-generated e-mails.
- Web application:
No apps or log in needed, access the pre and onboarding content, surveys, tasks and forms directly from your mobile in seconds in a beautiful interface
- AI Chatbot in MSTeams:
Skip the information overload and time-consuming e-mails and nudge managers, buddies, and others with messages in MSTeams. Answer questions and learn on demand, without asking HR or managers.
- Buddy and mentoring programs that works:
Finally, a solution that coaches and supports buddies and mentors to ensure new hires feel welcomed and get the support they need. Easy for managers or HR to choose based on data from SuccessFactors.
- Drag-and-drop automated journeys:
Automation of onboarding, offboarding, and other processes made simple for HR helps digitize and automate more busy work.
- Battle-tested templates and best practices:
We are onboarding experts who have created award-winning onboarding processes, and our templates and experts will help you design processes that your managers and new hires will love you for.
- Data and insights
Get control over the process and ensure a consistent experience across your organization Surveys and feedback to let you know how well your onboarding program is performing.
Benefits of using Preppio Onboarding:
- Best-of-breed onboarding automation solution that makes it easy to automate more
- Easy integration with systems like SuccessFactors
- A holistic approach to onboarding people into the organization with best practices
- Unique onboarding for each role with video and pictures
- SMS-driven pre-boarding engages employees before day one to save days for new hires
- User-friendly chatbot in Teams to nudge and coach managers and buddies
Why they work better together:
- SuccessFactors is practical for compliance and task automation in SuccessFactors and there is a need to have a module when using SuccessFactors.
- Preppio excels in employee engagement, streamlined onboarding into the organization, and manager and buddy coaching and nudging to reduce turnover, and increase time to new hire productivity and learning.
- SuccessFactors automated emails may lack engagement, especially with younger employees so Preppio's SMS-based approach and modern interface offer a more engaging experience with a higher open and engagement rate.