The best onboarding software you can choose create an employee-centric experience.
We created Preppio because today’s HRIS solutions are not created to improve the employee experience during onboarding, and HR spends too much of their time on manual and repetitive tasks.
Your new employee onboarding software should not just be a business-centric tool to ensure that the onboarding checklist was marked off for the sake of compliance. The best employee onboarding software goal is to maximize onboarding success for the employee and improve the employee experience in the moments that matter.
Especially in the critical time before onboarding (pre-boarding) and in the early days on the job. It should nudge managers and buddies, and give HR insight into the employee journey!
Download our complete guide here:
Evaluate your current employee onboarding software with these 10 questions
As an HR professional, ask yourself the following 10 questions in relation to your current employee onboarding platform:
- Is it focused on the needs of new hires and supporting managers, or just compliance and paperwork during onboarding?
- Does it automate mundane and time-consuming tasks such as sending information and motivating people to do tasks?
- Are you mixing learning software (LMS) or your HRIS with onboarding software? Onboarding software orchestrates all parts of onboarding like tasks, information, and tools needed to get started.
- Is it easy to use for HR, managers, buddies, or new hires so they actually do the things you want them to, and at the right time?
- Does it offer an employee onboarding experience layer that helps with engagement and consistency?
- Is there a focus on the role of managers and buddies as an important part of onboarding?
- Is it focused on each department/location as well as inter-departmental work relationships?
- Does the current system measure onboarding success and provide insights for improvements to your onboarding process?
- Do your employees feel overwhelmed? Another app is not what people want and need!
- Does the onboarding software take care of pre-boarding and the 6C’s framework?
Onboarding software enhances your strategic onboarding plan
An important point is that onboarding tools are only as good as the content and the process. Most onboarding software vendors are not able to help with implementing a science-based onboarding program for you.
Even with the many useful features of today’s contemporary onboarding software, they tend to come with design faults as they are not laser-focused on the entire employee onboarding experience.
Pre-boarding and early employee engagement
If the onboarding process starts in the pre-boarding phase, employees feel like part of the company early, reducing the likelihood of them losing interest in the role and the business.
Following pre-boarding, it is up to the company to manage changing engagement levels and to monitor and check-in with the new hire along the way. At all times it’s crucial that new hires are central to the onboarding process. Their experience must be a finely tuned balancing act that works for both sides. This reinforces the importance of designing the experience to accommodate the 6 C’s of onboarding.
Identifying issues with your current onboarding is a challenge if you’ve got nothing to compare it to. The above diagram, however, might give you an idea of where things are going wrong in your organization. An excellent strategic onboarding plan is planned with engagement and onboarding in mind.
Want to learn step-by-step how to choose the best employee onboarding software for your company?
Download the chapter about how to choose the best onboarding software by clicking the link below!